Monday, July 9, 2007

Sunday Night, July 9


It's been a while since I've written. I said that I was not going to use this to air my personal life, but I've changed my mind. I need to let out some of the emotions that I hold in 24 hours a day. As some may know, my husband is very ill. I don't know if he is going to live another 4 months or 4 years. It's very tough going to work everyday and trying to be sociable and upbeat. I know it's uncomfortable for some to talk to me about it. Please talk to me. Just ask me how things are going. This building is where I'll be spending every Thursday. It's the Weinberg Building at Johns Hopkins. It houses the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. We are so lucky to be close to Hopkins, where I feel my husband will get the best and most advanced care. What I am most sad and angry about is my son Steven. I think it is unfair that his father will not be able to see him graduate from college and will not see him succeed in life. It's just not fair! You know, life really sucks sometimes. I think that sums it all up. Good night all.

5 comments:

Latiesha D. Bush said...

I miss you very much and I can't begin to tell you how many times a day I think about you and Larry and Steven. People don't ask you questions because they are terrified of the reality, terrified that being so close can be so painful.

My reality is that you are my friend and that I miss you and that you are one of the strongest people that I know.

mountaingirl said...

Bless you! I'm so glad you've told us it's okay to talk. There are so many people thinking of you, holding you in their thoughts, and hoping for the best.

mountaingirl said...

P.S. How IS it going? Are Thursdays going to be a special treatment?

caffeinefreak said...

I'm sorry I don't always ask how things are going because I don't want to upset you. I'm really glad to see that it's o.k. to talk to you about it. Usually, I wait for you to bring Larry up but I won't be so hesitant in the future. I think about you every day.

caffeinefreak said...

I'm sorry I've hesitated to talk to you about Larry but I'm not always sure that I should. I'm glad that it's o.k. to talk to you and I will be more forthcoming in the future. I do think about you and your family every day.